Sunday, August 25, 2013

I'm a Nut Job

The boat has been out of the water for 3 weeks in August, but here's the new prop and nut and she's going for a swim today.

Along with the Michigan Prop I found and bought 2 beehive nuts, one actually arrived. The shaft diameter and thread of the one that arrived was perfect, but the ID to clear the prop nose was too small. I took the slow but steady approach and clearenced the nut by hand. The final product works perfectly.

 
During the downtime we ended up missing the OBR day in Los Alimitos Bay, I read on goldenstateglassics.com that another of the attendees spun a prop that day, so I guess I'm in a good club.

In the end new prop $130 prop nut $45 lesson learned to replace $1 cotter Pin... as they say... priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment