Saturday, June 21, 2014

What a Workout!

Last week we were the "pace car" for a motivated Stand-Up-Paddleboarder. We were cruising around the harbor at our normal 3.5 mph and passed him at the south end of Balboa Island near the Balboa Yacht club.

I think he liked our speed so he sped up and stayed on our tail the entire way around the harbor. The cruise took us from Balboa Island past Mariners Mile up to the PCH bridge at and then back under the Lido bridge past Lido Isle and the shipyard back down the peninsula past the Newport Yacht Club around Bay Isle until I was exhausted watching him paddle and we docked back at home near the Fun Zone. What a workout!
Ready to leave the dock at the Newport Dunes
Who's driving this thing? I forgot to put down the speedo pickup.
I feel like I'm being followed.
Back home at the dock. A perfect first day of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment